PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION
The purpose of this Qualification is to provide learners, education and training providers and employers with the
standards and the range of learning required to work effectively in the welding industry and to meet the challenges
of such an environment.
This Qualification is the last of a progression, which culminates in the use of a range of complex welding methods.
The purpose of this Qualification is to develop learners who, after completion, demonstrate the ability to:
· Use and apply a variety of plate and pipe welding processes according to performance standards.
· Participate in self-directed activity, by complying with welding procedures and maintaining business objectives.
· Demonstrate leadership through effective interaction and communication with clients, peers and members of
supervisory and management levels.
> Range: Leadership (individual and team); problem solving; technical report writing; exploring options for further
Welding knowledge, technique and reflexive skill play a role in this Qualification.
This Qualification requires that learners apply complex welding practice and theoretical knowledge within the
· Manufacture and Assembly.
· Chemical Plant Installations.
· Food Processing Plant Installations.
· Building and Construction.
Qualifying learners will also understand:
· Implementation and maintenance of business processes.
· Supervision of work units.
· The writing of technical reports.
· Communication and numeracy skills applicable at this level and appropriate to the work environment.
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up