PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION
The purpose of this Qualification is to provide learners with the standards and the range of learning
required to work effectively in the welding industry and to meet the challenges of such an environment.
This Qualification recognises the basic skills, knowledge and values acquired by learners involved in
welding. The purpose of this Qualification is to develop learners who, after completion, demonstrate
the ability to:
· Use and apply mechanical and welding technology, techniques, processes and skills, as applied in
the fabrication and welding industry, using appropriate tools and measuring equipment.
· Use and apply a variety of fillet welding, oxy-fuel cutting and oxy-fuel joining processes.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the welding industry and its productivity requirements, by applying
· Communicate effectively in order to achieve personal, business and organizational objectives.
(Range: Reading and interpreting work instructions, documents and drawings; maintaining effective
relationships; exploring options for further learning).
This Qualification requires that learners qualify in basic welding practice and theoretical knowledge in
weld preparation, cutting and brazing.
Qualifying learners will also understand:
· Welding Safety and applicable work-site practice.
· Effective communication techniques within the workplace.
· Numeracy skills applicable to the welding environment.
· Dealing with HIV-aids.
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up