PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION
This Qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved as a hot water system installer in the
plumbing sector. The individual will perform this activity under the supervision and guidance of a qualified plumber.
The Qualification contains all the competencies, skills and values required by a learner who may wish to work
towards becoming a fully qualified plumber by completing the plumbing qualification is at NQF Level 4. This
Qualification could be deemed to be an entry level qualification into the plumbing field.
The core component of the National Certificate: Hot Water System Installation at NQF Level 2 contains a range of
competencies that help the learner install a hot water system and perform many of the activities performed by a
plumber, albeit at a lower level. The core component consists of competencies in:
· Mounting and connecting a solar heating/hot water system.
· Installing and testing cold and hot water supply system.
· Applying basic plumbing principles.
· Applying basic first aid.
· Applying health and safety rules and regulations.
· Using scaffolding and harnesses.
· Reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications.
· Using and maintaining hand and power tools and equipment.
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up