|PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION|
|The purpose of the qualification is to:
1. Enable learners to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to individual needs (including special needs) and culture-fair within a specific phase of development and with specialisation in a particular setting or role.
2. Provide further education and training opportunities for those with a NQF Level 1 qualification (or equivalent) as well as a basis for further professional development in the higher education and training band for many experienced practitioners in the field who have had limited or difficult access to further career development opportunities.
3. Develop ECD educators with a sound practical qualification to provide quality early childhood development services for children in community-based services.
This qualification provides an opportunity for:
· existing learners/educators who have acquired a Level 1 ECD qualification to further their career path in ECD.
· potential learners/educators who have acquired a GETC qualification or its equivalent to embark on a career in ECD (entry point).
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up