PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION
Engineering Fabrication is a generic engineering and trade related qualification that builds the foundational
knowledge and skills required by learners involved in Engineering Fabrication. This qualification is designed to meet the needs of the Learner in a variety of engineering related sectors.
The NC: Engineering Fabrication shall develop learners to produce simple (uncomplicated) metal components using a variety of fabrication methods. This capability requires an understanding of basic fabrication theory; machinery functioning, operation and maintenance; engineering materials and tools; concepts of measurement; basic engineering drawing and development of components and simple (uncomplicated) methods of cutting and joining metals. The metal components that the qualified person fabricates will be vital for the maintenance and reliable operation of equipment and machinery in a variety of industries.
The qualification adds value to the qualifying learner in terms of enrichment of the person, recognition, and contributes towards the achievement of “artisan” status or other accepted progression route.
The qualification is structured in such a way that it exposes learners to generic and specific competencies required
in the Engineering Fabrication industries. This qualification makes provision for engineering fabrication to be
applied within the following sectors:
· Mining and Minerals sector.
· Chemical sector.
· Manufacturing sector.
· Other engineering related sectors.
Qualifying learners will be able to do the following:
· Demonstrate an understanding of a variety of engineering fabrication methods.
· Produce simple metal components.
· Use and maintain engineering hand and power tools.
· Adhere to Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
· Communicate effectively in order to achieve personal, business and organisational objectives.
Qualifying learners will also understand:
· The basics of how a business functions, and the role of the qualified learner in the business, i.e. fabrication and
· How the learning achieved whilst obtaining this qualification relates to the learning required in other similar
· The importance of communication in achieving goals.
· How they are affected by legislation, regulations, agreements and policies related to their particular work
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up