PROCEDURE: FOREIGN STUDENT APPLYING TO STUDY AT THE COLLEGE
In order for an International or Foreign Student (any person who is not a holder of a South African Passport) to study in South Africa, they will need to be in possession of the following documentation in order for them to be able to apply for a STUDY VISA PERMIT from the South African Government:
- An Acceptance Letter from the college
- An Accommodation Letter from the landlord where they will be residing while studying in the RSA.
- Medical Cover for the duration of study period.
- Receipt for Tuition
- Valid Passport
- Students from China must request a letter from the International Office to ensure that Northlink is registered with the WCED. A copy of the letter will be sent.
Please follow the steps outlined below on How to Apply for International Students in order to successfully process your application to study.
Apply for the course you wish to study
- Select the course you wish to study. For a complete list of all the courses offered by the college, click here
- Once you have the desired course, download the application form provided - click here - fill in the appropriate information and return it either via fax or email, together with your Academic Qualification and a copy of your passport to the international Office at Tygerberg Campus. Important - Make sure you include your contact details on your application form.
- You will then receive a quote, together with your new student number from the International Office.
Acceptance Letter and Receipt of Tuition
- Deposit the quoted amount into the Northlink College bank account. It is advisable for all International Students to be familiar with the Payment Policy for International Students.
- Fax or scan and email your proof of payment (deposit slip) to the international desk.
- On receipt of your proof of payment – you will receive your Acceptance Letter, together with your receipt from the International Office.
Apply for Study Visa Permit
- Once you are in possession of an Acceptance Letter from the College, Medical Cover*, Receipt of Tuition, An Accommodation Letter and Passport – you must then,
- Take the above to the nearest South African Embassy in your country to apply for your STUDENT STUDY VISA PERMIT.
- For Medical Insurance go to www.ingwehealth.co.za Any further queries please contact the International Office and they will gladly assist you.
- IMPORTANT: Your medical cover must be for the same length of time as for your Study Visa Permit. THE SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY/CONSULATE WILL NOT ISSUE A STUDY VISA PERMIT WITHOUT MEDICAL COVE
Book your ticket to South Africa
- Once you have received your Study Visa Permit, you can then proceed to book your flight to South Africa.
It is advisable to inform the Northlink College International Office of your intended date and time of arrival.
Online Learner Management
20 000+ Students Annually
Several Awards Won
2018 & 2019 Voted Best NCV College
Get the latest course updates by signing up